Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mini Swatch Time: OPI Gelcolor "Suzi and the Seven Düsseldorfs"

Ok, one more post featuring my super tacky Sally Hansen Salon Insta-Gel Strips manicure!

In the last posts, I focused on the Insta-Gel Strips and only mentioned by name the color that I used as an accent.  Before I moved onto my next manicure, I wanted to post a review and some dedicated swatches of this color, as well!


OPI Gelcolor "Suzi and the Seven Dusseldorfs" is what I'm wearing on my index finger in this picture.  I applied two coats for opacity, although I noticed that since it is a heavily metallic shade, the metallic shimmer and pigment settled pretty quickly.  I had to shake up my gel again before applying it on my other hand--or else it sheered out noticeably!

This color is kind of the warm-toned sister of OPI Gelcolor "Tomorrow Never Dies".  Both are purple metallics, but while "Tomorrow Never Dies" is very blue-toned, "Suzi and the Seven Dusseldorfs" is true metallic purple--maybe leaning just a little more red-violet rather than blue.  If you look closely, you can see that this shade carries a few blue and red shimmers scattered in it, too (just like Tomorrow Never Dies"!)


See all of those shimmers?!

Since it is highly metallic, it transforms a bit depending on your lighting--hence why it looks rather dark in my last post about the Insta-Gel Strips, where the sun kept going into hiding. It looks most true to everyday life in the first photo of this post, in my opinion.  This metallic finish also means that it may show brush strokes, which is most noticeable on my other hand:



Overall I found it applied rather well, though (unlike my experience with "Tomorrow Never Dies"!) If it settles too much you may have some application issues (sheerness or "shrinking" from the free edges of your nails), but a good shake of the bottle seemed to fix that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I regret that my swatches for this color are so simple, though!

    ReplyDelete