Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Cut-Out Heart Gel Polish Tutorial

Hi again!  Everyone's favorite corporate holiday is coming up, and it's inspired me to finally try out an idea I've seen floating around Pinterest for a long time.

Basically, it's a "cut-out" looking nail art, where you are wearing a colored polish, but there is a design "cut out" of it so you can see your naked nail underneath.  I'm not sure if there's a name for this, but it looks super cool!  I've gotten some comments on these nails nearly everyday I've gone of the house. 

To keep this a little edgy and not so girly or Valentine's-ish, I paired my design with a vampy shade--OPI Gelcolor "Lincoln Park After Dark".

I have better pictures of my manicure in another post, but for now, here's the tutorial.  As usual, all you need is a brush and some isopropyl alcohol!

No comments:

Post a Comment