Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Random... Summer Gel Polish Picks!

Hi again! I did a video showing some nice spring-themed gel polish shades a few months ago, and since summer is nearly officially here, I thought it was high time that I make another video with some summer-themed selections.

I did it rather quickly and after quite a few hours awake, so I'm sorry for any babbling going on--but hopefully this will give some idea of what awesome gel polish colors are available that are still on-trend for the summer time. 


There are two caveats I have overall with the selection of gel colors for the summer, which I mentioned only briefly at the very end of the video:

1. GREENS. I love green polishes, don't ask me why.  I wish there were more shades of vibrant greens available. Bright jade green, grass green, etc.

2. Neons--which always seem to be popular but finicky even in regular nail polish--are no exception when it comes to gels.  They can be thinner or more transparent than other shades of polish even by the same brand, or they may not be truly "BAM in your face" neon, if you know what I mean.  I think I have seen some gel brands come out with multiple "collections" of neon shades, so hopefully this is something that is being worked on and improved upon.  So that's yet another thing I would gladly buy, if it existed!

My next update will have photos of the manicure I'm sporting in this video, which is Nailuv's "Boracay Beach" and Red Carpet Manicure's "Shimmering Gown".  I don't have enough time at the moment, sorry!

Lastly, it appears on a quick search that some of the Red Carpet colors I selected are not available at Ulta right now--at least on their website--so I may have to do some digging to find the Gelish equivalents soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice summer picks!

    I was wondering... Do you always use the base&top coat from each different brand? Or do you use one specific brand all the time? I wonder if I could use, for example RCM with OPI, ORLY with RCM, Gelish with IBD, etc... or any other combination?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since NaiLuv was the first brand I bought, I always use my NaiLuv combination base/top coat with whatever brand of gel polish I choose to use. I totally mix them up! Gelish, for example, doesn't suggest mixing brands, but I have not had an issue with it personally. I think most people find the base/top coat combination that works best for them and mix brands up, too.

      Delete