Friday, March 28, 2014

Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!

I'm hopefully going to make this post short and sweet because, although I planned on doing another mylar "flakie" gel polish comparison in this post, I think it will be just TOO MUCH to review the glitters and the base color all in one post.

But you can catch a glimpse of the awesomeness of these FingerPaints flaky gel polishes on top of my nails here:




The base color underneath all the glitter is OPI Gelcolor "Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!"  (Unfortunately, I didn't take any bottle pictures with this gelcolor once again... oops!)   I used three coats for opacity, mostly because the first coat was just a little too streaky, and I wanted to ensure full coverage in bright light.  It did shrink from the edges of my nails just a little--you may be able to see that on my pinky in particular--but just like a good OPI Gelcolor should, it didn't affect the wear of manicure at all.  I did have to re-cap the edges of my nails before curing, though, to fix the worst of the shrinking.

The color itself is awesome, but I'm not sure how to describe it!  The original, regular nail polish version of "Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!" is described as a green-toned grey.  Personally,  I feel like this gel is a very slightly cool-toned dark asphalt creme color--it does look ever so slightly green-toned in some lighting (see the second picture), but can also look blue-toned, too.  To be honest, though, the undertones are so slight that this color can almost pull itself off as the perfect mid-tone dark grey, depending on your lighting and what other colors you may pair it with. See how it makes a great neutral base for both the cool-toned glitters and the warm-toned ones?  In bright light you may easily tell that it is is not black, but in dim or indirect lighting the difference is much more subtle--so I feel all my photos are pretty true to color, even though they look pretty different.

What makes it different from other greys?   It is much darker (almost black) and more cool-toned than most other popular grey polishes, which lean more towards "greige"--more like a brown or purple tone.  Actually, I'm not sure if I know of any other gel polish color like it on the market! :)

Next post will be a glitter overload.  I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment