Friday, May 16, 2014

UV-Nails Application & Wear Review

Hi again!

I said earlier that I wanted to do a review of my experience with UV-Nails gel polish so far--not just the color, but the application and wear, too.  Well, I decided to make it into a video review, because some things are just easier to see than explain! 

My little complaints are:
  1. The slightly wobbly brush.
  2. The thinness of the gel--although this doesn't decrease wear or strength, it totally causes accidental overloading of gel on your brush...which then causes flooding on your nail when you get too much gel on it at once! It's just something you have to get used to, I guess.  You'll see what I mean in the video, hopefully.
  3. Once again, the confusion of LED/UV light and the "cure times" listed on the bottle.  Like I said: you'll see what I mean! :)

By the way, my initial review of the color I'm wearing here, UV-Nails "Green Diva" is over here.

Overall, I found some things with the UV-Nails brand of gel polish to be a little different, but not bad... not bad at all!  If they had the right deals on Hautelook or Groupon, I would purchase from them again--especially if they had some colors I was lemming for.  The worst downside is probably the (in)accuracy of "swatches" from the company--which is the downside of purchasing any gel polish online, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment