Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Red Carpet Manicure "Mimosas By The Pool"

Finally I have some colors to post again!  I actually passed up Red Carpet Manicure's "Mimosas By The Pool" in 2013 when it came out, because I thought it was a boring red-coral shade.  Well, this year I was looking to expand my "collection" of pink and red shades, so I took this one home from Ulta...and I'm so glad I did!  It's so much more than I ever imagined. 

Red Carpet Manicure "Mimosa's By The Pool" is a bright coral red shade that has highly transforming qualities for being a simple creme gel polish.  It's neon red in bright sunlight, and can be a glowing neon hovering between pink and orange in bright indoor lighting. It can also look a bit underwhelming as it did when I first looked at it in Ulta  a year ago--it can look grey-tinged pink or it can look like a typical coral red.  The best way for me to show you how this shade transforms, of course, is to inundate you with pictures!  I took quite a few photos comparing the shade in different lighting situations... I'll keep the pictures smaller for this post, but remember you can always click on them to make them bigger.

Indoors by the window--with flash and without:

Without direct sunlight and with direct sunlight:

 Indoors (artificial lighting) with and without flash:



And lastly, I tried to capture the confusing red-orange-pink neon quality that this color takes on in some lights:


See what I mean?  Sometimes when I leave a room or go outside, "Mimosas By The Pool" looks like a totally different shade!

As for application, I used 3 coats to cover my nails, although the formula is nice enough that you could get away with 2 coats if your nails are shorter and/or blemish free. 

Now here's the fun part: Dupes! I was shopping for some China Glaze Gelaze polishes while wearing this color, and I found this shade to be so close to both Gelaze  "A Rose Among Thorns" and Gelaze "Pool Party" that I ended up passing on both gels!  If I had to pick a closer "dupe", I'd say "A Rose Among Thorns" is most similar to RCM "Mimosas By The Pool".

No comments:

Post a Comment